31 August 2010

Learning Check-In for August 31 (and previous dates)

This past weekend, Isaac, my dad, and I all went to the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum. We've got a membership, but this was my first time. Definitely cool, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get sidetracked on a couple exhibits, although it didn't really seem to match the eight years of hype I've been building up for myself.

Isaac did announce that he created a "red, dark, red, dark" pattern in lights by throwing switches at the counting machine, though. That was kind of cool. I had a picture, but it's apparently fallen through the cracks of my keyboard.

Esther, on the other hand, is learning to appreciate the products of American agriculture:

Today, August 31, Isaac and I read a couple books together (including The United Tweets of America, all about state birds) and he played Uno with me and Tiffany (working on color and number recognition). While we were outside, he checked to see if the tomatoes were ripe (not quite yet - they were only "light red" not "dark red") and he spotted a squirrel on the other side of the courtyard, both things I would chalk up under the heading of science/environment. He's also working on his hand-eye coordination by practicing using the touchpad on the laptop to click on YouTube videos of trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment